Friday, October 31, 2008

China - Part 8: Phone Calls



With the power (minutes) of a phone card Kingman gave me, I made a couple of calls last night:

1. Dad - I wanted to check if he had booked our hotels and airplane tickets yet. He hasn't, but was planning on doing it later that day. Prices for hotel and airfare goes down another 20-30% within a week. I also asked him about traveling and stuff. He's going to have his friend pick us up at the airport and help us plan out the trip, etc. Regarding ShenZhen, he's going to meet up with me there. I always thought it was pretty far from Shunde but it's only about an hour to an hour and a half. I told him sure, why not, if he has time.

2. Jenkins - He's one of my best friends growing up. He moved back to Hong Kong around the end of high school. He came back once for the summer a year after that. I met him in Hong Kong the last time I was there. I think he's just chilling / working at his dad's restaurant - bored out of his mind. I got his cell number and will give him a call when I'm around. I had the whole conversation with him in Cantonese.

No comments: