Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Re: Voting



I'm proud to say I made a real effort to vote this year. Being that I never changed my address, I had to vote in Brooklyn, for the district where my mom used to live. I stayed overnight at my mom's new place in Brooklyn and woke up extra early to get my vote in before my one day field trip to Maryland (9 hours of driving total for a 1 hour meeting - worth it? we'll see).

The voting system isn't the greatest. They didn't check my ID. I could have just grabbed the mailing from someone's mailbox and came in with it. The machines are archaic: very non user friendly buttons/levers. They were also rushing me where there were NO ONE behind me: "Are you ok? Do you need help?" - NO, I'm looking at all the goddamn names on these tickets!!!

All in all, I voted. Did you?

// update
BTW, I didn't get a "I voted" sticker. I'm glad the nice ladies at the various rest stop Starbucks along the NJ Turnpike took my word for it.

No comments: