Monday, December 15, 2008

Florida in December

TickerHound (Wayne, Lou and me) are in South Florida for two weeks to do meetings.

TickerHound Condo
We got a pimping condo: big kitchen, hot tub, hd flat screen, high speed internet... the works. The TickerHound mobile (rental car)... not so much. It's a Dodge Magnum (I didn't want to drive the Celine Dion car; Pacifica).

Palm Trees & Christmas Tree
I'm not really complaining considering I took this picture when it was about 20 degrees in New York (yes, I did check the weather, just so I can rub it in my friends' faces)

Rigatoni with Meat Sauce
Dinner impossible night: I had to make food for 5 people but only had enough material for 3. Starter: Almond Crusted Goat Cheese on Salad of Arugula. Main: Rigatoni with Meat Sauce

Almond Crusted Goat Cheese on Salad of Arugula
Used everything on hand. Added an appetizer and used white bread crumbs and cheap wine to stretch the sauce.

Miami: South Beach
Lou and I grabbed our cameras and drove down to South Beach for a day trip.

Miami: Photoshoot
Seriously, the following conversation occured right before me seeing that...
Me: This beach is frickin empty! Where are the topless chicks?
Lou: I don't know what they're doing over there but we should be part of that action.

Miami: South Beach photoshoot
One more with boobies

Miami
Obligatory shot of palm tree and coconuts

Miami
This guy loves the water.

Miami: sipping a banana daiquiri
We sat at a cafe type thing along Ocean Ave. and sucked down giant fruity frozen drinks while waiting Chris to drive down for dinner.

We had dinner at Nemo (sorry, didn't bring the camera with me so no pictures). Nemo had one of the best Chilean Sea Bass I've ever had: crisp on the outside, perfectly cooked all over, great sauce. After dinner Chris took us to The Florida Room in the basement of the Delano hotel to check out the live band. The Fox Brothers Band was playing some wicked latin jazz.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Sounds like you're having a good time down there. Food, women, work and fun.